After years of work in the publishing industry as a New York Times bestselling literary agent, I am now offering editorial services to women, persons of trans experience, non-binary, and gender non-conforming authors.
- Query Letter Edit $90
- Package Deal: Query + synopsis OR outline $175
- Package Deal: Query + first 10-15 pages or first chapter $225
Given my experience, I know how to keep your query from the infamous slush pile!
- Developmental Read (Full, up to 100K words) $900
- Developmental Read (Short Stories, Essays, and Articles for 40k words or less) $.020/word
This is my favorite kind of edit–looking at character, dialogue, plot, and pacing. A good developmental read might cut/rearrange/entirely reshape the manuscript, or confirm that it is ready for publication! We will work on your edits together and get your manuscript ready to query, or for publication!
- First Impression Read (Full, up to 100K words) $400
- Editorial Assessment (Full, up to 100K words) $700
An editorial assessment is a valuable first overview of your manuscript. I will read through the entire manuscript and after will provide feedback. The assessment will help identify your book’s strengths and weaknesses which can help you revise and improve the execution of your idea as you work towards querying literary agents.
Alternatively, if you’re interested in my first impressions, I can provide an overview that reflects whether or not the book works on concept–you’ll see my agenting roots in this assessment, though no track-changes or in-manuscript notes.
- Writing Coach (bespoke quotes for up to 3 months duration)
I will do everything listed above plus reread revisions and discuss branding and brainstorm ideas for new books. My goal is to be your support system as you prepare to query, or publish, your newly polished manuscript.